Monday 23 May 2011

Welcome!

This is my first post on here and I guess you might be wondering what to expect, well basically this is for me to rant about the children in my life, fill you in on what I'm doing, what I'm reading and generally what is happening in my life. OK so doesn't sound interesting but I'm sure at some point in your life you have had children hassles and thought "am I the only parent to feel like this" rest assured that at some point or another we all feel like things are too much and that life can't get any harder. I can't offer any advice as I am only talking from my experiences but we might have a laugh and a cry along the way.
I am also a great reader or should that be a lover of books, well either way I like to read and when I am not shouting at the children to tidy up or get dressed I am normally sitting down reading whatever is at hand. I will give any book a try whether its got a pretty cover or is very tatty, if the blurb on the back of the book takes my fancy and transports me to another time and place I am generally happy. I encourage my children to read although with one of them I always feel I am fighting a losing battle although I do believe that she would read if it was about Justin Bieber. My son on the other hand likes reading and reads quite a lot although Beast Quests seems to be the only things at the moment with my small little hints to try something else being tossed to the ground in disgust.
I am also a crafter and love to scrapbook although that seems to be a fight that I am not winning as I have started helping my husband with his business and have very little time to get the stuff out the cupboard and set it all up only to have to put it away again at teatime. I go to a group once a month without the children to scrap but to be honest its more about the talking then the actual scrapping.
I am a member of slimming world and to date have lost 11/2 stone although this week has been a very bad week as food has been top of my list and every time I have past by the fridge its door opens its little light goes on and shines like a spotlight on to the one thing I know I shouldn't eat lots of, but it lays there all creamy and cheesy and demands my attention now, so without hesitation I grab the sharp knife and slice myself off a chunk then think better of it only for it to say "You know you want to one little piece wont hurt go on take a bite". How can I refuse I slowly and joyfully sink my teeth into the lump of cheese and my heart skips a beat. Why do I do this every time when I have set myself a goal. I have decided that it doesn't matter because if I put on weight then I can lose it again can't I?
Well enough of the chatter from me I hope if you have popped by that you like what you have read and will leave me a lovely comment. I intend to come back at least once a week to have a chat moan or groan and if you have any books that you love and think I should read leave the name and the author and I will try read it and let you know what I think.
Thanks for stopping by
Love Jo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment